Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Global Citizen


 



 



 


Global Citizen

     A global citizen is someone who wants and excepts being part of a world community, whose actions can help structure our community’s values, and able to share responsibilities.Today the people of global engagement are helping  people find themselves as "global citizens" where they have a feeling of fitting in to a community.  

     We are in need for citizens who can act as a leader to contain a world community. Global citizens can take many forms like supporting qualites, participating in  decision making, encourgingchanges in behavior, Helping out with presurving our world, and organizing events that celebrate the worlds music, art, culture and spiritual traditions.

      Most of us feel a connection to others around the world facing challenges but, we don`t take action to support the people in need. The people we are longing for would pull back the blanket that keeps us from seeing the world as a whole, they would surch for more sustainable ways to connect us with those who need our help.

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. This is an awesome discription of a global citizen. I like how you talked about how even though we all feel like we have a connection with people all over the world, we do not try to help or make a difference for people that may not be as well off as we are. I think you also did a good job explaining how even though we think we know a lot about different cultures and stuff around the world we really have to take a closer look and see the world as a whole. Great job Aleshia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Sarah! We just think we're connected, but aren't helping people in developing countries.You're right, we do need more global citizens in our world! I also agree with the fact about us thinking we know everything about every culture, but we see it differently if we look at it as a whole.Great blog post Aleshia! Not to mention, excellent fact-finding Sarah!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I totally agree with you, Sarah! We may all think that we are connect, but in reality we aren't doing anything to help those in need. The fact, that we need more global citizens in our world goes to show you how we aren't involved that much.That need's to change! Yeah, sure we learn about culture, but what if we looked at it as a whole? We would most definitely see it differently! Also, I loved the picture that you, Aleshia, added to this post. Outstanding job Aleshia, and awesome observation Sarah, and Caeleigh!!!!!

      Delete
    4. I agree with you Sarah I feel that Aleshia did a great job at showcasing all of the ways that we are a global citizens and how to be one because we have to stand up and be leaders if we want to be heard. I also liked how you explained the different cultures and ways that are important to become a global citizen. Great job Aleshia I really enjoyed reading your blog.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Aleshia! I loved how you said we don't help out throughout the world to people in need, its a hard fact to face but it is true! I totally agree with everything you said. Your definition of a global citizen i believe fits the criteria quite nicely! Great job keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Taylor. I believe that her explanation was very well written and that her points within the piece were agreeable. I also like how you pointed out how she said that 'we don't help out throughout the world to people in need', as that point stood out to me as well! Great observations, Taylor!

      Delete